Thursday, January 29, 2009

Send we ask You, Almighty God, Your Holy Spirit into our hearts, that he may direct and rule us according to Your will, comfort us in all our afflictions, defend us from all error, and lead us into all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer)

1 I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will sing praise.
2 I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me?
I will walk in my house with blameless heart.
3 I will set before my eyes no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.
4 Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will I put to silence;
whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.
6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me;
he whose walk is blameless will minister to me.
Psalm 101 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 49:13-26Galatians 3:1-14Mark 6:30-46

No comments: