Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ALMIGHTY God, who alone gave us the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in us the holy desires that you impart; we beseech you, for your compassion's sake, to sanctify all our thoughts and endeavors; that we may neither begin an action without a pure intention nor continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of the mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, we may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted of you as your faithful servants; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.1928 Book of Common Prayer

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.
7 The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He will judge the world in righteousness;
he will govern the peoples with justice.
Psalm 9 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 32:36-44Romans 13:1-14Luke 8:16-25

No comments: