Monday, May 11, 2009

Father,
I wait patiently for You.
Thank You for helping me wait for the right timing. I understand that there is a perfect timing for me. You are orchestrating wonderful outcomes behind the curtain of time's mystery. In all my affairs, there is a season, and I allow Your patience to flow into my life. Help me, Lord, to release my controlling need to know and to rest patiently in the mystery of Your will, waiting for the right time. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and loving toward all he has made.
18 The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The LORD watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.
21 My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD.
Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever.
Psalm 145 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 32:1-15Colossians 3:18-4:18Luke 7:36-50

No comments: