Monday, May 18, 2009

Father,
You are always urging me to place my trust in You.
Right now, I am feeling anxious and I know that I need to draw upon the safety of Your promises. As I reach inside for the seed of faith You have placed in my heart, I thank You, Lord, for giving me the strength to act on that faith and place all my anxious thoughts in Your hands. How wonderful it is to feel Your loving arms around me, comforting me and assuring me that You will never fail me when I trust in Your faithfulness. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

2 If the LORD had not been on our side
when men attacked us,
3 when their anger flared against us,
they would have swallowed us alive;
4 the flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,
5 the raging waters
would have swept us away.
7 We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler's snare;
the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 124 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 8:1-10James 1:1-15Luke 9:18-27

No comments: