Wednesday, May 27, 2009

John Calvin, Renewer of the Church (two links – click to follow)

O Lord, I have peered into a microscope and seen a world in one drop of water. I have gazed through a telescope and have seen stars and galaxies uncountable. When I see the majesty of your vast creation, I am brought to my knees in wonder. But in my humble admiration, there is also a desperate question: Do You notice me and concern Yourself with me?
I thank You, Lord, for personally answering my question. When I am apprehensive, I put my trust in You, and You keep me safe. When I am lonely, You talk to me. When I am sad, You make me happy. When I am weak, I bow before You and feel Your strength. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [c]
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
Psalm 8 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ezekiel 11:14-25Hebrews 7:1-17Luke 10:17-24

No comments: