Friday, January 29, 2010

Andrei Rublev, Iconographer, 1430 (click on link for story)

God our Father, source of all holiness, the work of your hands is manifest in your saints, the beauty of your truth is reflected in their faith. May we who aspire to have part in their joy be filled with the Spirit that blessed their lives, so that having shared their faith on earth we may also know their peace in your kingdom. Grant this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

6He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.
9Those of low estate are but a breath,
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than
Psalm 62 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 17:15-27 - Hebrews 10:11-25John 6:1-15

No comments: