Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hilary, Bishop of Poitiers

Almighty God, your servant Hilary defended the divinity of Christ Your Son: give us a deeper understanding of this mystery and help us to profess it in all truth. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
(From Lesser Feasts and Fasts)

97 Oh, how I love your law!
It is my meditation all day long.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
for it is always with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
for your decrees are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged,
for I keep your precepts.
101 I hold back my feet from every evil way,
in order to keep your word.
102 I do not turn away from your ordinances,
for you have taught me.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 4:1-16Hebrews 2:1-10John 1:19-28

No comments: