Friday, January 8, 2010

Father,
I find refuge in You.
Though I have confessed my sin to You, Lord, my guilt lingers in the eyes of those I have wronged. Show me how to make restitution if that is possible. Lay upon me a burden of prayer for those who continue to carry the weight of my poor choices and selfish deeds. And help me to walk in the light of Your forgiveness, despite how others may feel. My sin was real and my guilt was deserved, but You have paid my debt. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

22 The stone that the builders rejected
has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord’s doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.*
25 Save us, we beseech you, O Lord!
O Lord, we beseech you, give us success!
26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.*
We bless you from the house of the Lord.
27 The Lord is God,
and he has given us light.
Psalm 118 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 17:1-7Colossians 1:15-23John 7:37-52

No comments: