Monday, January 4, 2010

O God of Peace, you have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your Spirit lift us, we pray, to your presence, where we may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
William Bright

105Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.
106I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
to observe your righteous ordinances.
107I am severely afflicted;
give me life, O Lord, according to your word.
108Accept my offerings of praise, O Lord,
and teach me your ordinances.
111Your decrees are my heritage for ever;
they are the joy of my heart.
112I incline my heart to perform your statutes
for ever, to the end.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 3:14-4:7Ephesians 5:1-20John 9:1-12, 35-38

No comments: