Thursday, January 14, 2010

Father,
Your Son laid down His life for me.
If I were the only one who needed to be saved, You still would have sent Jesus and He still would have given His life for me. I praise You that no matter who my human friends may be, I have a Heavenly Friend who will never leave me or forsake me. As I focus my eyes on You, Lord, touch my heart and ease my loneliness with the fellowship of Your presence. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I love you, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
my God, my rock in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
so I shall be saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of perdition assailed me;
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.
Psalm 18 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 4:17-26Hebrews 3:1-11John 1:43-51

No comments: