Friday, February 12, 2010

Bring Me Home to Thy Fold
O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to thy fold again.Deal favorably with me according to thy good pleasure,till I may dwell in thy house all the days of my life,and praise you for ever and ever with them that are there.
- Jerome (c. 342-420)

8 Hear, O my people, while I admonish you;
O Israel, if you would but listen to me!
9 There shall be no strange god among you;
you shall not bow down to a foreign god.
10 I am the Lord your God,
who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
11 ‘But my people did not listen to my voice;
Israel would not submit to me.
12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts,
to follow their own counsels.
13 O that my people would listen to me,
that Israel would walk in my ways!
Psalm 81 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 27:46; 28:1-4,10-22 - Hebrews 13:17-25 - John 8:33-47

No comments: