Thursday, February 11, 2010

Father,
You restore my body and my spirit.
Thank You, Lord, for sustaining me with Your love and kindness. I rest and am restored in Your presence as You open Your loving arms to me. Teach me to receive all You wish to give me -- to stand still as You refill me and restore me to newness of life in my body, my soul, and my spirit. Thank You for all Your goodness to me and the way You watch over me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares") Used June 14, 2007

1 Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God all my life long.
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortals, in whom there is no help.
4 When their breath departs, they return to the earth;
on that very day their plans perish.
5 Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord their God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them;
Psalm 146 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 27:30-45 - Romans 12:9-21 - John 8:21-32

No comments: