Friday, February 19, 2010

Father,
You bless my work.
Thank You for teaching me that I can take pride in my work because I do it for You. That keeps me working to faithfully do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. Sometimes, I know that I've done a good job and even though no one else seems to have noticed, I will not allow myself to become frustrated or discouraged because I know You noticed and You are pleased with me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

3Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
4In you our ancestors trusted;
they trusted, and you delivered them.
5To you they cried, and were saved;
in you they trusted, and were not put to shame.
6But I am a worm, and not human;
scorned by others, and despised by the people.
7All who see me mock at me;
they make mouths at me, they shake their heads;
8‘Commit your cause to the Lord; let him deliver—
let him rescue the one in whom he delights!’
Psalm 22 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ezekiel 18:1-32 - Philippians 4:1-9 - John 17:9-19

No comments: