Friday, February 26, 2010

Father,
You help me become more patient.
You know how impatient I can be. I want solutions to my problems and resolutions to my dilemmas right now -- right away. Teach me, Lord, to learn the lessons of the patient farmer waiting for his field to grow. As I wait for You to help me sort out my circumstances, place in me a patient and hopeful heart -- a heart that is pleasing to You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")


1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.
4 Happy are those who make the Lord their trust,
who do not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods.
5You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts towards us;
none can compare with you.
Were I to proclaim and tell of them, they would be more than can be counted.
6 Sacrifice and offering you do not desire, but you have given me an open ear.*
Burnt-offering and sin-offering you have not required.
Psalm 40 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 40:1-23 - 1 Corinthians 3:16-23 - Mark 2:13-22

No comments: