Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Father,
It is a joy to place my hope in You.
Hope is hidden in the secret place in my heart. Though I have times when I doubt, in the deep center of my heart is a timeless trust. I trust You because I have come to know You -- Your kindness, mercy, and love. Thank You, Lord, for revealing Yourself to me and thank You for placing Your Spirit deep within me so that I can always know that my hope in You is steady. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares") used September 27, 2006

114 You are my hiding-place and my shield;
I hope in your word.
115 Go away from me, you evildoers,
that I may keep the commandments of my God.
116 Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live,
and let me not be put to shame in my hope.
117 Hold me up, that I may be safe
and have regard for your statutes continually.
118 You spurn all who go astray from your statutes;
for their cunning is in vain.
119 All the wicked of the earth you count as dross;
therefore I love your decrees.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 27:1-29 - Romans 12:1-8 - John 8:12-20

No comments: