Thursday, August 19, 2010

Father,
You are my Help and my Salvation.
Thank You for the wonderful gifts You have given me. You have provided me with abundant blessings and the help I need. You have never let me down. Today, when I need Your help once again, there is no shame in asking. It is my joy to come to You with my needs and Your delight to provide for each need with wisdom and love. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
2 Even now your enemies are in tumult;
those who hate you have raised their heads.
3 They lay crafty plans against your people;
they consult together against those you protect.
16 Fill their faces with shame,
so that they may seek your name, O Lord.
17 Let them be put to shame and dismayed for ever;
let them perish in disgrace.
18 Let them know that you alone,
whose name is the Lord,
are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Judges 8:22-35 - Acts 4:1-12 - John 1:43-51

No comments: