Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grant to us, O Lord, to trust in you with all our hearts; as you always resist the proud who confide in their own strength, so you never forsake those who make their boast in your mercy; through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the holy spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(From The Book of Common Prayer)

97 Oh, how I love your law!
It is my meditation all day long.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
for it is always with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
for your decrees are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged,
for I keep your precepts.
101 I hold back my feet from every evil way,
in order to keep your word.
102 I do not turn away from your ordinances,
for you have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Judges 7:19-8:12 - Acts 3:12-26 - John 1:29-42

No comments: