Tuesday, August 3, 2010

God, let me grow in the area of patience. Help me to remember when You make a squash it takes four weeks, but when You make a strong oak it takes a hundred years. Let me be patient knowing that You're working miracles in my life as You "grow me" into Your likeness. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

1 My heart overflows with a goodly theme;
I address my verses to the king;
my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.
2 You are the most handsome of men;
grace is poured upon your lips;
therefore God has blessed you for ever.
3 Gird your sword on your thigh, O mighty one,
in your glory and majesty.
4 In your majesty ride on victoriously
for the cause of truth and to defend* the right;
let your right hand teach you dread deeds.
5 Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the king’s enemies;
the peoples fall under you.
6 Your throne, O God,* endures for ever and ever.
Your royal scepter is a scepter of equity;
7 you love righteousness and hate wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;
Psalm 45 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 8:1-22 - Romans 14:1-12 - Matthew 26:47-56

No comments: