Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thank you, gracious God, for each day I have on earth. Thank you for giving up your heavenly crown to be with me. I am sorry for wasting days with thoughts only of myself. Give me an eternal perspective of my life here on earth, seeing those you see in need today. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

57 The Lord is my portion;
I promise to keep your words.
58 I implore your favor with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.
59 When I think of your ways,
I turn my feet to your decrees;
60 I hurry and do not delay
to keep your commandments.
63 I am a companion of all who fear you,
of those who keep your precepts.
64 The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love;
teach me your statutes.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 8:30-35 - Romans 14:13-23 - Matthew 26:57-68

No comments: