Monday, August 9, 2010

Lord, I am so self-centered. I spend so much of my day thinking about myself. At the slightest excuse, I get puffed up with pride. At the slightest excuse, I get negative and complain.
But I've found that when I talk to You, when I turn my attention to You, my attitude changes. Seeing You, I am humbled. Seeing You, I fill with praise. Seeing You, my thoughts become loving. I love You, and I begin to love those around me.
God, I turn to You. Shape my attitude with Your presence. Amen.
(From "Simple Prayers" by Ken Bible)

8 You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your record?
9 Then my enemies will retreat
on the day when I call.
This I know, that* God is for me.
10 In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
11 in God I trust; I am not afraid.
What can a mere mortal do to me?
12 My vows to you I must perform, O God;
I will render thank-offerings to you.
13 For you have delivered my soul from death,
and my feet from falling,
so that I may walk before God
in the light of life.
Psalm 56 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 24:16-33 - Romans 16:1-16 - Matthew 27:24-31

No comments: