Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Father,
I trust You through each day.
Every day I have a choice. I can choose to lean on my own understanding, or I can choose to trust You. Sometimes You speak through my common sense understanding. Sometimes You teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Regardless of my situation, I will listen every day for Your guidance in my life. Thank You, Lord, for faithfully walking beside me all the way. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Give ear to my words, O Lord;
give heed to my sighing.
2 Listen to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God, for to you I pray.
3 O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.
4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil will not sojourn with you.
5 The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
7 But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house,
I will bow down towards your holy temple
in awe of you.
Psalm 5 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Job 6:1-4, 8-15, 21 - Acts 9:32-43 - Acts 9:32-43

No comments: