Tuesday, September 28, 2010

O God of peace, you have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your Spirit lift us, we pray, to your presence, where we may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord
(William Bright)

1 Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I call to you,
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I;
3 for you are my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.
4 Let me abide in your tent for ever,
find refuge under the shelter of your wings.
5 For you, O God, have heard my vows;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Psalm 61 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Job 40:1,41:1-11 - Acts 16:6-15 - John 12:9-19

No comments: