Thursday, September 23, 2010

O my God,
because you are infinite goodness and worthy of infinite love, I love you with my whole heart
above all things, and for love of you I love my neighbor as myself.
I forgive all who have offended me and ask pardon of all whom I have offended.

1 The mighty one, God the Lord,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth.
3 Our God comes and does not keep silence,
before him is a devouring fire,
and a mighty tempest all around him.
4 He calls to the heavens above
and to the earth, that he may judge his people:
5 ‘Gather to me my faithful ones,
who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!’
6 The heavens declare his righteousness,
for God himself is judge.
Psalm 50 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Job 29:1,31:1-23 - Acts 15:1-11 - John 11:17-29

No comments: