Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peter Claver, priest, missionary to Colombia, 1654

God of mercy and love, you offer all peoples the dignity of sharing in your life.
By the example and prayers of your servant Peter Claver, strengthen us to overcome all racial hatreds and to love each other as brothers and sisters. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
(from The Roman Sacramentary)

15 My eyes are ever towards the Lord,
for he will pluck my feet out of the net.
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 Relieve the troubles of my heart,
and bring me* out of my distress.
18 Consider my affliction and my trouble,
and forgive all my sins.
19 Consider how many are my foes,
and with what violent hatred they hate me.
20 O guard my life, and deliver me;
do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness preserve me,
for I wait for you.
Psalm 25 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Job 8:1-10, 20-22 - Acts 10:17-33 - John 7:14-36

No comments: