Tuesday, September 21, 2010

St. Matthew, Apostle, Evangelist

God of mercy You chose a tax collector, Saint Matthew, to share the dignity of the apostles. Help us by his example readily to respond to the transforming call of your Son and to follow him. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.
(Lutheran Book of Worship)

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes,
and I will observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in it.
36 Turn my heart to your decrees,
and not to selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise,
which is for those who fear you.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Job 29:1-20 - Acts 14:1-18 - John 10:31-42

No comments: