Monday, October 25, 2010

Father,
You are my safe Place.
When I am troubled and afraid, and I know nothing else to do but run to Your arms. I bring You my fears, my failures, my inadequacies, and ask You to fill me with Your strength, courage, and faith. You remind me that I am loved. You promise to protect and guide me. I will not fear, for You surround me with Your love and mercy. You sustain me with Your wisdom and truth. I have found a safe hiding place in You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Why do the nations conspire,
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and his anointed, saying,
3 ‘Let us burst their bonds asunder,
and cast their cords from us.’
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord has them in derision.
7 I will tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to me, ‘You are my son;
today I have begotten you.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
Psalm 2 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Micah 7:1-7 - Acts 26:1-23 - Luke 8:26-39

No comments: