Friday, October 29, 2010

Holy Spirit, fire of love, come rest over each of us, make our tongue ready to confess our sins, that in revealing everything and concealing nothing, we may attain heavenly life to sing eternal praise with the angels. With your help, you who live and reign through all ages. Amen. Anthony of Padua

1 Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, ‘You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.’*
3 As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble,
in whom is all my delight.
4 Those who choose another god multiply their sorrows;*
their drink-offerings of blood I will not pour out
or take their names upon my lips.
5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
I have a goodly heritage.
Psalm 16 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Sirach 1:1-10, 18-27 - Acts 28:1-16 - Luke 9:28-36

No comments: