Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lord Jesus Christ, take all my freedom, my memory, my understanding, and my will.
All that I have and cherish You have given me.
I surrender it all to be guided by Your will.
Your love and Your grace are wealth enough for me.
Give me these, Lord Jesus, I ask for nothing more.
Amen.

1 In my distress I cry to the Lord,
that he may answer me:
2 ‘Deliver me, O Lord,
from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue.’
3 What shall be given to you?
And what more shall be done to you, you deceitful tongue?
4 A warrior’s sharp arrows,
with glowing coals of the broom tree!
5 Woe is me, that I am an alien in Meshech,
that I must live among the tents of Kedar.
6 Too long have I had my dwelling
among those who hate peace.
7 I am for peace;
but when I speak, they are for war.
Psalm 120 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Esther 5:1-14 - Acts 18:12-28 - Luke 3:15-22

No comments: