Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good Morning God!
You are ushering in another day, untouched and freshly new. So here I am to ask you, God, if You'll renew me too. Forgive the many errors that I made yesterday and let me try again dear God to walk closer in Your way. But Lord, I am well aware, I can't make it on my own. So take my hand and hold it tight, for I cannot walk alone.
May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.
Amen.

1 I was glad when they said to me,
‘Let us go to the house of the Lord!’
2 Our feet are standing
within your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem—built as a city
that is bound firmly together.
4 To it the tribes go up,
the tribes of the Lord,
as was decreed for Israel,
to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
5 For there the thrones for judgment were set up,
the thrones of the house of David.
Psalm 147 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Micah 1:1-9 - Acts 23:12-24 - Luke 6:39-49

No comments: