Friday, October 22, 2010

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who said to Your Apostles:
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you," regard not my sins but the faith of Your Church, and consent to give her peace and unity according to Your Will: Who live and reign, God, world without end.
Amen.

1 Deliver me, O Lord, from evildoers;
protect me from those who are violent,
2 who plan evil things in their minds
and stir up wars continually.
3 They make their tongue sharp as a snake’s,
and under their lips is the venom of vipers.
4 Guard me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked;
protect me from the violent
who have planned my downfall.
5 The arrogant have hidden a trap for me,
and with cords they have spread a net;*
along the road they have set snares for me.
6 I say to the Lord, ‘You are my God;
give ear, O Lord, to the voice of my supplications.’
Psalm 140 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Micah 3:9-4:5 - Acts 24:24-25:12 - Luke 8:1-15

No comments: