Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Almighty and Everlasting God, you hate nothing you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(Book of Common Prayer)

1Give ear to my words, O LORD;
consider my groaning.
2Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.
3O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
4For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not dwell with you.
5The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
6You destroy those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
Psalm 5 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Jonah 3:1-4:11 - Hebrews 12:1-14 - Luke 18:9-14

No comments: