Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jonathan Edwards, 1758

O God, who by your Holy Spirit give to some the word of wisdom, To others the word of knowledge, and to others the word of faith: We praise your name for the gifts of grace manifested in your servant Jonathan Edwards, and we pray that your Church may never be destitute of such gifts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever.

89Forever, O LORD, your word
is firmly fixed in the heavens.
90Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
91By your appointment they stand this day,
for all things are your servants.
92If your law had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.
93I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have given me life.
94I am yours; save me,
for I have sought your precepts.
Psalm 119 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Jeremiah 2:1-32 - Romans 1:16-25 - John 4:43-54

No comments: