Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31, 2011 - John Donne, 1631

O eternal and most gracious God, you permitted darkness to be before light in the creation, and yet in the making of light so multiplied it that it enlightened even the night: Grant that by your light we may see that no sickness, no temptation, no sin, no guilt can remove us from the determined and good purpose which you have revealed in your Son and sealed by your Holy Spirit: who live and reign with you, one God, forever and ever, Amen

(Pfatteicher, from prayers by Donne)

5For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;

he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.

6And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me,

and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;

I will sing and make melody to the LORD.

7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;

be gracious to me and answer me!

8You have said, "Seek my face."My heart says to you,

"Your face, LORD, do I seek."

9 Hide not your face from me.

Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help.

Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!

11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path

because of my enemies.


Psalm 27 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary

(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

Jeremiah 10:11-24 - Romans 5:12-21 - John 8:21-32

No comments: