Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blessed are you, God of compassion and mercy, to you be praise and glory forever.
In the darkness of our sin, your light breaks forth like the dawn and your healing springs up for deliverance. As we rejoice in the gift of your saving help, sustain us with your bountiful Spirit and open our lips to sing your praise. Blessed be God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Amen
(Book of Common Prayer)

1Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me!
2Take hold of shield and buckler
and rise for my help!
3Draw the spear and javelin against my pursuers!
Say to my soul, "I am your salvation!"
4 Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek after my life!
Let them be turned back and disappointed who devise evil against me!
5Let them be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the LORD driving them away!
6Let their way be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the LORD pursuing them!
Psalm 35 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Deuteronomy 7:6-11 - Titus 1:1-16 - John 1:29-34

No comments: