Monday, April 11, 2011

Be gracious to your people, we entreat you, O Lord, that they, repenting day by day of the things that displease you, may be more and more filled with love of you and of your commandments; and, being supported by your grace in this life, may come to the full enjoyment of eternal life in your everlasting kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.



1O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger,


nor discipline me in your wrath.


2Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;


heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.


3My soul also is greatly troubled.


But you, O LORD— how long?


4Turn, O LORD, deliver my life;


save me for the sake of your steadfast love.


5For in death there is no remembrance of you;


in Sheol who will give you praise?


6I am weary with my moaning;


every night I flood my bed with tears;


I drench my couch with my weeping.


Psalm 6 English Standard Version



Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary


(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


Jeremiah 24:1-10 - Romans 9:19-33 - John 9:1-17


No comments: