Thursday, April 14, 2011

O God, you have called us to be your children, and have promised that those who suffer with Christ will be heirs with him of your glory: Arm us with such trust in him that we may ask no rest from his demands and have no fear in his service; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.



1 Hear my prayer, O LORD; let my cry come to you!


2 Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress!


Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call!


3For my days pass away like smoke,


and my bones burn like a furnace.


4My heart is struck down like grass and has withered;


I forget to eat my bread.


5Because of my loud groaning


my bones cling to my flesh.


6I am like a desert owl of the wilderness,


like an owl of the waste places;



Psalm 102 English Standard Version



Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary


(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


Jeremiah 26:1-16 - Romans 11:1-12 - John 10:19-42


No comments: