Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eternal God,


the light of the minds that know you, the joy of the hearts that love you, and the strength of the wills that serve you: grant us so to know you that we may truly love you, so to love you that we may truly serve you, whose service is perfect freedom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Augustine of Hippo (430)



1To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul. 2O my God, in you I trust;


let me not be put to shame;


let not my enemies exult over me.


3Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame;


they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.


4 Make me to know your ways, O LORD;


teach me your paths.


5Lead me in your truth and teach me,


for you are the God of my salvation;


for you I wait all the day long.


6Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love,


for they have been from of old.


Psalm 25 English Standard Version



Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary


(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


Jeremiah 25:8-17 - Romans 10:1-13 - John 9:18-41


No comments: