Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday of Holy Week


Lord God, whose blessed Son our Savior gave his body to be whipped and his face to be spit upon: Give us grace to accept joyfully the sufferings of the present time, confident of the glory that shall be revealed; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.



26 Help me, O LORD my God!


Save me according to your steadfast love!


27Let them know that this is your hand;


you, O LORD, have done it!


28 Let them curse, but you will bless!


They arise and are put to shame, but your servant will be glad!


29May my accusers be clothed with dishonor;


may they be wrapped in their own shame as in a cloak!


30With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD;


I will praise him in the midst of the throng.


31For he stands at the right hand of the needy one,


to save him from those who condemn his soul to death.



Psalm 109 English Standard Version



Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary


(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


Jeremiah 17:5-10,14-17 - Philippians 4:1-13 - John 12:27-36

No comments: