Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Father, You have taken my sins and put them far away from me, as if I had never sinned, for the sake of Jesus, my Redeemer. Yet still I fall victim to anger, wrath, and malice toward others, despite Your loving example. I live in a world full of anger, and I find forgiving difficult. In times of violent emotions, help me remember Your unending forgiveness and treat others with the kindness and compassion that You show to me every day of my life. Amen.


(From "Prayers and Promises")



1 Blessed is the one who considers the poor!


In the day of trouble the LORD delivers him;


2the LORD protects him and keeps him alive;


he is called blessed in the land;


you do not give him up to the will of his enemies.


3The LORD sustains him on his sickbed;


in his illness you restore him to full health.


4As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me;


heal me, for I have sinned against you!"


11By this I know that you delight in me:


my enemy will not shout in triumph over me.


12But you have upheld me because of my integrity,


and set me in your presence forever.


Psalm 41 English Standard Version



Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary


(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


Jeremiah 17:19-27 - Romans 7:13-25 - John 6:16-27


No comments: