Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cyprian of Carthage

O God, Shepherd of your church, your servant Cyprian strengthened your people by his ministry and by the witness of his suffering: By his example give us courage boldly to confess your Name, to endure suffering for the gospel, and ever work for the unity of your church; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
( P. Pfatteicher after Roman Sacramentary)

10 I believed, even when I spoke,
    "I am greatly afflicted";
11 I said in my alarm,
     "All mankind are liars."
12 What shall I render to the LORD
      for all his benefits to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
     and call on the name of the LORD,
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
     in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
     is the death of his saints.
16 O LORD, I am your servant;
     I am your servant, the son of your maidservant.
    You have loosed my bonds.
17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
    and call on the name of the LORD.
Psalm 116 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: