Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Richard Rolle, Walter Hilton, and Margery Kempe

Gracious God, we give you thanks for the lives and work of Richard Rolle, Walter Hilton, and Margery Kempe, hermits and mystics, who, passing through the cloud of unknowing, beheld your glory. Help us, after their examples, to see you more clearly and love you more dearly, in the Name of Jesus Christ our Savior; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen
1 I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
   to you, O LORD, I will make music.
2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.
   Oh when will you come to me?
    I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;
3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless.
   I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.
4 A perverse heart shall be far from me;
   I will know nothing of evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy.
   Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
6  I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me;
    he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me.
Psalm 101 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: