Wednesday, September 7, 2011

O God, help me to be positive. May I not want to be in so many places, and in so many things, that I can never be found in anything. Help me to know that a purpose secured is worth many attempts, and that to have a character I must build it. Amen.


1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
  and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
   How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
   light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
   lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
   my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
   because he has dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 17:1-24 - Philippians 2:1-11 - Matthew 2:1-12

No comments: