Friday, September 23, 2011

Grant us, Lord, not to be anxious about earthly things, but to love things heavenly; and even now, while we are placed among things which are passing away, to hold fast to those that shall endure; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


1 O Lord, God of my salvation,
   when, at night, I cry out in your presence,
2 let my prayer come before you;
   incline your ear to my cry.
3 For my soul is full of troubles,
   and my life draws near to Sheol.
4 I am counted among those who go down to the Pit;
   I am like those who have no help,
5 like those forsaken among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave,
   like those whom you remember no more, for they are cut off from your hand.
8 You have caused my companions to shun me; you have made me a thing of horror to them.
   I am shut in so that I cannot escape;
13 But I, O Lord, cry out to you;
    in the morning my prayer comes before you.
Psalm 88 – New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: