Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Charles Porterfield Krauth, 1883

Father,
You give me quiet confidence.
Though I am frustrated by life, You calm my fears. You remind me to meditate on Your promises and to remember all the times You have brought me through my troubles. You have taught me that anger is futile and takes the joy from my life. Therefore, I will trust You today and wait for the quiet confidence and peace You always send to fill my heart and heal me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

97 Oh how I love your law!
   It is my meditation all the day.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
   for it is ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
   for your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged,
   for I keep your precepts.
101 I hold back my feet from every evil way,
   in order to keep your word.
102 I do not turn aside from your rules,
   for you have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: