Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Francis de Sales (Seventh Day of Prayer for Christian Unity)

Most loving God, the Church of your Son has many members in one body, so after the teaching of your servant Francis de Sales who described prayer as "a stream of water that flows forth and makes the plants of our good desires grow green and flourish…”, may each one follow that path of devotion which is fitted to his or her calling, and by the power of your Spirit grow in holiness and love; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

12 Joyful are those you discipline, LORD,
   those you teach with your instructions.
13 You give them relief from troubled times
   until a pit is dug to capture the wicked.
14 The LORD will not reject his people;
   he will not abandon his special possession.
15 Judgment will again be founded on justice,
   and those with virtuous hearts will pursue it.
16 Who will protect me from the wicked?
   Who will stand up for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the LORD had helped me,
   I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.
22 But the LORD is my fortress;
   my God is the mighty rock where I hide.
Psalm 94 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: