Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Elizabeth Seton

Holy God, you blessed Elizabeth Seton with your grace as wife, mother, educator and founder, that she might spend her life in service to your people: Help us, by her example, to express our love for you in love of others; through Jesus Christ our Redeemer, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
   and a light to my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
   to keep your righteous rules.
107 I am severely afflicted;
   give me life, O LORD, according to your word!
108 Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD,
   and teach me your rules.
109 I hold my life in my hand continually,
   but I do not forget your law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me,
   but I do not stray from your precepts.
111 Your testimonies are my heritage forever,
   for they are the joy of my heart.
Psalm 119 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: