Monday, January 9, 2012

Father in heaven, who at the baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan proclaimed him your beloved Son and anointed him with the Holy Spirit: Grant that all who are baptized into his Name may keep the covenant they have made, and boldly confess him as Lord and Savior; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen.
( Book of Common Prayer)

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD;
   consider my groaning.
2 Give attention to the sound of my cry,
   my King and my God, for to you do I pray.
3 O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
   in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
   evil may not dwell with you.
5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
   you hate all evildoers.
6 You destroy those who speak lies;
   the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
Psalm 5 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: