Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kaj Munk, Martyr

Gracious Lord, in every age you have sent men and women who have given their lives for the message of your love. Inspire us with the memory of those martyrs for the Gospel like your servant Kaj Munk whose faithfulness led them in the way of the cross, and give us courage to bear full witness with our lives to your Son's victory over sin and death; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(LBW, ELW, rev PHP)

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD;
   consider my groaning.
2 Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God,
   for to you do I pray.
3 O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
   in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
   evil may not dwell with you.
5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
   you hate all evildoers.
6 You destroy those who speak lies;
   the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7 But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love, will enter your house.
   I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear of you.
Psalm 5 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: