Friday, December 28, 2007

Holy Innocents’ Day

Every day I face challenging decisions of all sizes -- questions that make me wonder if I'm making good choices. How often I wonder what I should do next, Lord. If I look to the world for answers, I feel confused. Everyone offers a different response, and after awhile I'm not sure who's right.
But when I turn to Your Word, I never need to worry about that. You always give me good advice, guidance I can count on. Keep me daily in Your Word, Lord, and once I know the right way, help me to walk in it. I want to follow Your light, Jesus, every day of my life. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One.
3 "Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill."
Psalm 2 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 49:13-23Isaiah 54:1-13Matthew 18:1-14

No comments: