Monday, November 10, 2008

Come, Holy Spirit, come!
Teach us to believe that we, like the earth, already hold within ourselves the seeds of new life. Awaken in us new hope and new dreams so that we can break through the soil of our own barrenness and fear. Give us roots that we may stand firm in integrity and give us wings to bring the stirrings of compassion to your poor and marginalized. Great Spirit, make us a people of peace. Teach us to walk softly on your lands, to use with care your gifts, and to love with tenderness all our brothers and sisters.
Come, Holy Spirit, come!

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.
Psalm 138 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joel 1:1-13Revelation 18:15-24Luke 14:12-24

No comments: